Wednesday, July 20, 2005

The Atheist Seeker Blog is Now On Austin Cline's Guide to Atheism

I have always been a fan of Austin Cline. I have often found myself time and again referring to his work when explaining atheism to others. He writes in a very lucid, concise, non-jargoned, non-aggressive manner which makes his writings the perfect introductory material for questions about atheism. If a theist would only care to read and understand everything written on that site, much of their misconceptions and strawman arguments against atheism will be cleared and corrected. Mr. Cline not not only tackles atheism on his site, but also relevant issues such as skepticism, philosophy, logic, critical thinking etc.

This is why I feel so elated to find myself listed as one of the guide picks on the Atheism Blogs - Blogs for Atheists section of about.com's Austin Cline's Guide to Agnosticism/Atheism. The list, it seems to me, is supposed to be arranged alphabetically but for some reason, my blog was listed on the top of the list! Perhaps it was a slight oversight on the site's part. In the meantime though, I will just enjoy sitting on the top spot. LOLZ

The Atheist Seeker blog's citation can be found here: http://atheism.about.com/od/atheismblogs/index.htm

I would like to thank Austin Cline and the rest of the crew responsible for the atheism.about.com website not only for citing my blog, but also for providing us all a definitive resource of information about atheism and other relevant issues affecting atheism.

Keep up the remarkable work sir Austin Cline. Hats off to you.

13 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, Blogger John the Atheist said...

Congrats!

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger BEAST said...

Not bad, dude. I wonder if I will ever make the grade.

Anyway, congratulations.........

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Euri said...

*throws a rose*

 
At 1:40 AM, Anonymous Austin said...

I'm glad that you like the site and I was happy to add a link to you. On Friday there will also be specific quotes of and links to your two posts on the "biggest misunderstandings" about atheism. I liked your comments.

Beast: often, it's simply a matter of just being noticed - I only found out about this blog because of Technorati and it was shortly after this that I added a link to it and gabbed a blog post that I wanted to publicize. Now I know about yours and will be doing the same.

(and, yes, they are supposed to be alphabetical - I just don't get in to hit the "alphabetize" button very often)

I like to publicize interesting posts on atheists' blogs - it's all a matter of finding the right sort of material. At a bare minimum, it needs to be long enough that I can quote something interesting and add some sort of comment myself, but still leave interesting stuff behind so people will visit your site to read it. If it's too short, I'd have to quote everything and that would violate copyrights (not to mention leaving no reason for people to follow the link to your site).

Personal stories about experiences with atheism and religion are more likely to get links because it's usually unique and unavailable anywhere else.

Also especially desirable is news (and commentary) on topics like atheism, church/state separation, and religion from outside America. I'm lucky if I even see relevant news from the Philippines or Singapore; I certainly don't know enough to comment intelligently on it! I can speculate a little, but that's it.

If you write a post that has news along with commentary that will help outsiders understand what's going on, the local issues involved, and how it relates to the general subject matter, I will *really* want to link to that.

I've always wished that I could provide a more international perspective from my site, but I can't - I work alone and don't have the resources. So, any opportunity I have to provide perspectives and ideas from outside America - whether they are personal stories or news - I'm likely to want to publicize.

Oh, and sending me a link when you have something like that also helps. :-)

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger The Atheist Seeker said...

John, beast, euri thanks for the comments. It drew a dimple on my face. :)

I thank also you Sir Austin Cline for taking your precious time to write in your comments on my blog. News and current events about the Philippines and my thoughts on them as an atheist will be indeed posted here. I have been planning to do that for some time now. Maraming salamat po! (Filipino verbiage for "Thank you very much")

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger The Atheist Seeker said...

Also, I'm glad that you liked my commentary on Abby Aaron's essay. Again kudos to you sir Austin!

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger BEAST said...

Thanks, Mr Austin. I have added linked your site with mine as well.

Regards
The Beast

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger Euri said...

John, beast, euri thanks for the comments. It drew a dimple on my face. :)

*reacts* Yabang! Porke me dimple. *lol*

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Euri said...

Onee-san!!
Thank you for signing my GB. *hugs*

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger BEAST said...

The Beast has spoken.

D'Sweeper concedes defeat.

May the Force be with us.

Joyously
The Beast

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger DearestWarrior said...

Hey!!
my baseball cap off to you!

joma

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger The Atheist Seeker said...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Willy Jo said...

Quarinthians 10:12
Ohh lard please forgvith my sinniths for i dernt no what in tard nations gotten into my fowl evil sole that wich becons me to condem those bibble thumpin, self righteous, everyone is goin to hell, batches of the tarn.

may the firey pits rise up from the depths of the hell beests pit and consume those dum batches into the neverendin damnation and may they sit next to the beest wich is there master Beelzebubs


oot

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home